Monday, May 3, 2010

The End


This class has opened my eyes to so many interesting things that I was not aware of beforehand. It has been very exciting to see the world of contemporary art that is out there. I learned about some amazing artists and artworks. My favorite contemporary artwork was the short film made out of logos. I also enjoyed going to Tang Museum at Skidmore College where I saw art that I never imagined before. I was never aware of how many pieces are considered artworks, and it was great to learn about all the ways that people can express themselves. I have learned a valuable lesson in that you do not have to follow traditional ways in order to make some truly great pieces. There will always be artworks out there that I will question, but now I feel like I can have a greater understanding of where people are coming from, and be more open to what my idea of art is. Overall this was a great class and I am very glad that I was able to experience something new and different!

No comments:

Post a Comment